ABOUT THE RACE
When is the race ?
The race is Sunday, August 4, 2019
When does the race begin?
Half Marathon: 7:00am
5K & 10K: 8:00am
Where does the race begin?
- Hofbräuhaus Cleveland
1550 Chester Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
When does race day registration begin?
How can I register for this event?
-There are 3 ways to register
- You can register online; the deadline for online registration is Friday, August 2nd at 9am.
- You can also register by mail. Mail-in registrations must be received by Wednesday, July 31. Send completed forms and checks, made out to “Hermes”, to:
- Hermes Sports & Events
2425 W. 11th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- Hermes Sports & Events
- Registration can also be completed in person at the packet pickup sites
How much does it cost to participate in this event?
Open – June 30 – $30.00
July 1 – August 1 – $35.00
August 2 – Race Day – $40.00
Open – June 30 – $35.00
July 1 – August 1 – $40.00
August 2 – Race Day – $45.00
Open – April 30 – $60.00
May 1 – June 8 – $65.00
June 9 – June 30 – $70.00
July 1 – August 1 – $80.00
August 2 – Race Day – $90.00
Please note events will sell out at the following:
Half Marathon – 600
10K – 1100
5K – 1100
Is it safe to register online with my credit card?
- Yes, Hermes Sports & Events has partnered with RunSignUp, who is a leader in online registration. It is safe and secure and they can guarantee that your information will be safe. There is a small processing fee when registering online.
Is there a processing fee for registering online?
- Yes, there is a processing fee when registering online
If I’m registering with a family member, can I fill out one form?
- No, we require individual entry forms for each participant to make sure we have all the information we need for that participant. We will NOT accept two names on one form.
What’s the age requirement to register for this race?
- No age requirement
Can I have my race packet mailed to me?
- This race does not feature a packet mailing option.
Will you send me a confirmation?
- All registrations will receive confirmation via e-mail.
I didn’t receive my confirmation e-mail, how can I make sure I’m registered?
- Please call the Hermes office at 216-623-9933
What do I receive with my registration?
A 12oz beer (21 & over only) and a brat
Custom technical race shirt (unisex) to all participants
Finisher medal (design coming soon!)
Age group awards
Awesome after party including fresh Hofbrauhaus beer, dancing, photo ops, beer stein holding contest, and more!
I can no longer participate in the race (injury, scheduling conflict, etc.), what are the Hermes refund/transfer policies for the race?
- All entries are non-refundable. Once we’ve received and processed your entry, you will not receive a refund, you may not give or sell your race number to other people, and entry fees are not transferable to the next year’s race or any other race.
- You are able to transfer your entry to another person for a fee of $10. This can be done at any of the packet pick-ups prior to race day. There will be no transfers on race day.
If I’m unable to attend and already registered, can I still get my shirt?
- Yes, you can pick up your shirt at our office the following week – we do not mail shirts unless otherwise stated. Please call the office ahead of time to let us know you are coming at 216-623-9933.
I noticed this event is part of the Road Race Series, do I have to be registered for that to participate?
- No, this race is open to all interested participants. For more information regarding the Road Race Series, please visit the Road Race Series page on the Hermes website.
On my registration, I misspelled my name, age, I’ve recently moved, etc. How can I fix this?
- Call the office at 216-623-9933 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
If I’m pre-registered, do I need to bring identification to packet pick up?
- It is not required, but it’s always a good idea to bring it.
Am I required to pick up my race bib and shirt at packet pick up?
- NO, packet pickup will be available at early packet pick up (listed below), AND on race day.
Wednesday, July 31
Fleet Feet Strongsville
13500 Pearl Road
3:00pm – 7:00pm
Fleet Feet Pepper Pike
30679 Pinetree Road
Pepper Pike, 44124
3:00pm – 7:00pm
Thursday, August 1
Fleet Feet Westlake
26149 Detroit Road
3:00pm – 7:00pm
Fleet Feet Northfield
114 East Aurora Road #200
3:00pm – 7:00pm
Friday, August 2
1550 Chester Avenue
11:00am – 3:00pm
Can someone else pick up my race bib and shirt?
- Yes, both can be picked up by/for family and friends. It’s always a good idea to bring your confirmation e-mail.
Where can I pick up my race packet?
- At any of the packet pickup locations.
RESULTS / AWARDS
How is this race timed?
- This race is an officially timed event using the disposable B-tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event.
Where can I see my results?
- Results will be posted directly after the race on this website. Click on the Results tab to see your results. You may need to refresh your browser to view.
When will the results be posted?
- Official results will be posted online at www.hofbrauhalf.com by 5:00 p.m. on August 5th.
What do I do if my results are incorrect or missing?
- After the results have been officially posted, please contact the office at 216-623-9933 or e-mail email@example.com any concerns.
Does this race provide any kind of awards?
- Yes, we will have awards for the Top 3 Overall Male and Female runners, and 3-deep Male and Female in the following age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+
- The Overall award winners will be announced on race morning. All age group award winners must go to the awards tent to claim their prize.
I could not pick up my award on race day, how can I get my award?
- You can pick up the awards for 30 days after the race at the Hermes office located at 2425 W. 11th Street, Suite #2 Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- We do NOT mail awards
Where can I park the morning of the race?
Parking is available near Hofbräuhaus Cleveland, surrounding lots, & street meters are free on the weekends.
*Hermes Sports & Events is not responsible for any parking infractions or tickets*
Do I have to run the race or can I walk instead?
- You may walk the course. You may be asked to use the sidewalk for safety reasons.
For how long will the course be open?
- The Hofbräuhaus Cleveland Half Marathon course will stay open until 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, August 4th. Depending on crowd size those still on the course near course closing may be asked to move to the sidewalk.
Where is/are the water stop(s)?
5K – 1 Water Stop – East 55th and Euclid
10K – 3 Water Stops – 2 Mile, 4 Mile, East 55th and Euclid
Half Marthon – 2.5 Mile, 4.5 Mile, Turnaround, 9 Mile, (again passing the 4.5 Mile around mile 9), East 70th and Euclid, East 55th and Euclid
Gatorade – Turnaround, 4.5 Mile, (again passing the 4.5 Mile around mile 9)
Gel – Provided at the Turnaround
Are there restrooms (portos) along the course?
2 Portos at the Half Marathon 4.5 Mile Mark (You will run by these 2 times, again at around mile 9)
2 Portos at the Half Marathon Turnaround
Where can spectators, friends, and family watch on the course? Can they be at the start or finish areas?
You can view your favorite runner from many areas on the course. Please see the course maps to find a great location.
Can I wear headphones on the course?
- Yes, you can.
Am I able to bring my dog to the race?
- No, we do not allow dogs in the half marathon, 10K or 5K for this event.
- Dogs are also not allowed into the after party.
Am I able to push a stroller in the race?
- Yes, we do allow strollers to be pushed in the race. We ask that you start the race near the back.
Can I volunteer for the race?
- Hurt, and can’t run, just not a runner… but want to be involved in the most festive race in Northeast Ohio? Join us as a volunteer and help bring a smile to a runners face. Volunteers receive a beer (if 21 or older) and a brat after their shift is over.
- Click here to sign-up.
Is there a bag check?
- Yes, it will be located in a tent near registration. Please bring a bag that is clear or the inside is visible and it is marked with your name and general information.
To complete a Transfer, go to your profile on Runsignup and chose either the refund transfer or gift transfer option. Enter in the Transferee’s name and email to send them the transferring registration. Once the transferee completes the registration, the original registrant is removed from the race.
- Refund Transfers: Transferee pays the current price of the registration. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee
- Gift Transfer: Transferee’s registration is free. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee.
For more information follow: https://runsignup.com/How-To/Transfer-To-Another-Runner