ABOUT THE RACE
When is the race ?
The race is Sunday, August 8, 2021
When does the race begin?
- Half Marathon: 7:00am
5K & 10K: 8:00am
Where does the race begin?
- Hofbräuhaus Cleveland
1550 Chester Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
When does race day packet pickup/registration begin?
How can I register for this event?
- You can register online here
How much does it cost to participate in this event?
Open – August 6 – $35.00
Race Day – $40.00
Open – June 30 – $40.00
July 1 – July 31 – $45.00
August 1 – August 6 – $50.00
Race Day – $60.00
Open – June 30 – $60.00
July 1 – July 31 – $70.00
August 1 – August 6 – $75.00
Race Day – $80.00
Open – August 6 – $35.00
Open – August 6 – $40.00
Virtual Half Marathon
Open – June 30 – $60.00
Is it safe to register online with my credit card?
- Yes, Hermes Sports & Events has partnered with RunSignUp, who is a leader in online registration. It is safe and secure and they can guarantee that your information will be safe. There is a small processing fee when registering online.
Is there a processing fee for registering online?
- Yes, there is a processing fee when registering online
If I’m registering with a family member, can I fill out one form?
- No, we require individual entry forms for each participant to make sure we have all the information we need for that participant. We will NOT accept two names on one form.
What’s the age requirement to register for this race?
- No age requirement
Can I have my race packet mailed to me?
- Yes! Registrations made through midnight on Friday, October 16, 2020 can opt for race materials to be mailed out in advance for a $10 fee. You must select this when you register in order to receive your bib and t-shirt through the mail.
Will you send me a confirmation?
- All registrations will receive confirmation via e-mail.
I didn’t receive my confirmation e-mail, how can I make sure I’m registered?
- Please call the Hermes office at 216-623-9933
What do I receive with my registration?
A 12oz beer (21 & over only) and a brat (in person race ONLY)
Custom technical race shirt (unisex) to all participants
Age group awards for half marathon, 10K and 5K (in person race ONLY)
Bavarian Music (in person race ONLY)
Awesome after party including fresh Hofbrauhaus beer, dancing, photo ops, beer stein holding contest, and more!
I can no longer participate in the race (injury, scheduling conflict, etc.), what are the Hermes refund/transfer policies for the race?
- All entries are non-refundable. Once we’ve received and processed your entry, you will not receive a refund, you may not give or sell your race number to other people, and entry fees are not transferable to the next year’s race or any other race.
- You are able to transfer your entry to another person for a fee of $10. This can be done at any of the packet pick-ups prior to race day. There will be no transfers on race day.
If I’m unable to attend and already registered, can I still get my shirt?
- Yes, you can pick up your shirt at our office the following week – we do not mail shirts unless otherwise stated. Please call the office ahead of time to let us know you are coming at 216-623-9933.
On my registration, I misspelled my name, age, I’ve recently moved, etc. How can I fix this?
- Call the office at 216-623-9933 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
PACKET PICK UP INFORMATION
If I’m pre-registered, do I need to bring identification to packet pick up?
- It is not required, but it’s always a good idea to bring it.
Am I required to pick up my race bib and shirt at packet pick up?
- NO, packet pickup will be available at early packet pick up (listed below), AND on race day.
Time and locations can be found HERE
Can someone else pick up my race bib and shirt?
- Yes, both can be picked up by/for family and friends. It’s always a good idea to bring your confirmation e-mail.
Where can I pick up my race packet?
- At any of the packet pickup locations.
RESULTS / AWARDS
How is this race timed?
- This race is an officially timed event using the disposable B-tag timing system. Timing chips are attached directly to the back of your bib number and are to remain adhered for the duration of the event.
Where can I see my results?
- Results will be posted directly after the race on this website. Click on the Results tab to see your results. You may need to refresh your browser to view.
When will the results be posted?
- Official results will be posted online at www.hofbrauhalf.com by 5:00 p.m. on Race Day
What do I do if my results are incorrect or missing?
- After the results have been officially posted, please contact the office at 216-623-9933 or e-mail email@example.com any concerns.
Does this race provide any kind of awards for each race?
- Yes, we will have awards for the Top 3 Overall Male and Female runners, and 3-deep Male and Female in the following age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, and 70 and over
- The Overall award winners will be announced on race morning. All age group award winners must go to the awards tent to claim their prize.
I could not pick up my award on race day, how can I get my award?
- You can pick up the awards for 30 days after the race at the Hermes office located at 2425 W. 11th Street, Suite #2 Cleveland, Ohio 44113
- We do NOT mail awards
Where can I park the morning of the race?
Parking is available near Hofbräuhaus Cleveland, surrounding lots, & street meters are free on the weekends.
*Hermes Sports & Events is not responsible for any parking infractions or tickets*
Do I have to run the race or can I walk instead?
- You may walk the course. You may be asked to use the sidewalk for safety reasons.
Where is/are the water stop(s)?
Are there restrooms (portos) along the course?
Yes, for the half marathon only
Where can spectators, friends, and family watch on the course? Can they be at the start or finish areas?
You can view your favorite runner from many areas on the course. Please see the course maps to find a great location.
Can I wear headphones on the course?
- Yes, you can.
Am I able to bring my dog to the race?
- No, we do not allow dogs in the half marathon, 10K or 5K for this event.
- Dogs are also not allowed into the after party.
Am I able to push a stroller in the race?
- Yes, we do allow strollers to be pushed in the race. We ask that you start the race near the back.
Can I volunteer for the race?
- Hurt, and can’t run, just not a runner… but want to be involved in the most festive race in Northeast Ohio? Join us as a volunteer and help bring a smile to a runners face. Volunteers receive a beer (if 21 or older) and a brat after their shift is over.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
Is there a bag check?
- Yes, it will be located in a tent near registration. Please bring a bag that is clear or the inside is visible and it is marked with your name and general information.
To complete a Transfer, go to your profile on Runsignup and chose either the refund transfer or gift transfer option. Enter in the Transferee’s name and email to send them the transferring registration. Once the transferee completes the registration, the original registrant is removed from the race.
- Refund Transfers: Transferee pays the current price of the registration. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee
- Gift Transfer: Transferee’s registration is free. The original registrant pays a $10 transfer fee.
For more information follow: https://runsignup.com/How-To/Transfer-To-Another-Runner